To our volunteers and partners, we sincerely thank you for your contributions to the trails and wilderness of the Prescott National Forest during the last year. Volunteers donated over 4,000 hours resulting in 284 miles of trails maintained and over 20 miles of trail constructed in 2021. Your dedication to the safety, sustainability and enjoyment of our trails is greatly appreciated by all who use them.
The outstanding accomplishments of our volunteers is supported by our tremendous partner organizations that recruit, train, and organize volunteers as well as submit grants and provide funding for crews to complete maintenance and construction. Significant efforts and fundraising for trails was completed this year by:
- Verde Valley Cyclists Coalition (Blowout Wash Trail System)
- Yavapai Trails Association (Wolverton, Spruce Mtn, and Almosta Trails)
- Prescott Mountain Bike Alliance (Prescott Circle Trail)
- Prescott Trail Riders (Watershed/Kendall, Granite Tank Trails)
- Prescott Trail Safety Coalition
- National Off-Highway Vehicle Conservation Council
- Black Canyon Trail Coalition (Black Canyon National Recreation Trail)
- Backcountry Horsemen of Central AZ (Almosta Trail System)
- AZ Conservation Corps (Blowout Wash Trail System)
- American Conservation Experience (Wilderness Trail Systems)
The last two years have been a great hardship for all of us, and we thank you for your understanding and patience as our program has navigated through these challenging times. We also greatly appreciate your adherence to our COVID protocols during events. Your cooperation enables us to continue with volunteer operations and accomplish valuable work.
We are deferring our yearly volunteer appreciation party again this year due to the continued situation with COVID. We believe our volunteers and trail users would rather we spend our time maintaining trails.
See you out on the trails!