A California man was arrested this Wednesday outside of the home of Supreme Court Justice Kavanaugh with plans to murder the justice, and the silence from Democrat leaders is deafening.
They, of course, inspired the assassin using violent rhetoric and making irresponsible statements following the leaked memo suggesting the Supreme Court might overturn Roe v Wade.
For example, Senator Chuck Schumer told supporters: “I want to tell you, Gorsuch. I want to tell you, Kavanaugh. You have unleashed a whirlwind and you will pay the price. You won’t know what hits you…”
Left-wing Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot tweeted: “To my friends in the LGBTQ community – the Supreme Court is coming for us next. This moment has to be a call to arms.”
The truth is that Biden and democrats are directly responsible for this assassination attempt, excusing and encouraging activists for weeks to target justices and their families at their homes:
- May 5: Press Secretary Jen Psaki refused to condemn activists posting the justices’ home addresses online.
- May 6: Psaki refused to say if Biden “has a view” on activists harassing justices at their homes.
- May 6: Nancy Pelosi called on protesters to actively pressure justices to influence their decisions.
- May 8: Pelosi said “the focus” is to influence and change the Supreme Court’s forthcoming decision on Roe v. Wade
- May 9: Psaki refused to condemn protests at justices’ homes even though it is against the law.\
- Psaki also refused to condemn the doxing of justices’ personal information even as threats of violence grew.
- May 10: Psaki downplayed the harassment, claiming protests “have been peaceful to date and we certainly continue to encourage that outside of judges’ homes.”
- May 11: Chuck Schumer answered “yes” when asked if he was “comfortable with protests…outside the homes of Supreme Court justices.”
It is illegal to protest at the home of a Supreme Court Justice, yet protesters are still assembled outside the homes of some of the justices yet Merrick Garland, the Attorney General of the United States, refuses to arrest them. Worse, Joe Biden has yet to condemn the attempt on Kavanaugh’s life. Right now, Speaker Pelosi is even holding up a Senate bill that would provide improved security for justices and their families. This bipartisan bill unanimously passed Senate over a month ago.
Garland, Schumer, Biden, Pelosi: they are ALL complicit. It’s past time for Biden and democrats to condemn this violence. Sen. Schumer and other democrats should be ashamed of his violent rhetoric that almost got Justice Kavanaugh assassinated.
Gosar Supports Efforts to Protect Supreme Court Justices
Threatening and endangering government officials and their families is wrong. In response, I recently cosponsored H.R. 7799, the Public Servant Protection Act, legislation to protect all government employees and their families from having their home addresses listed publicly online.
Supreme Court justice and other government officials should not be subjected to angry protests and violent threats at home. This bill will protect public servants and their families by allowing them to remove their home addresses from any public website.
A copy of the legislation can be found here.