The Prescott Tourism Office (Experience Prescott) will be accepting applications for Tourism Grants (formerly called TAC and PAAHC Grants) Friday, March 1st, through Friday, April 5, 2024 at 5 p.m.
Tourism Grants are designed to assist registered non-profit organizations hosting events in Prescott between July 1, 2024, and June 30, 2025. The goal of the grant is to encourage event marketing outside of the Prescott area, to encourage overnight visitation. Tourism Grants are funded by the City’s Transient Occupancy (Bed Tax). Events are eligible for up to $5,000, depending on their rating, and how many organizations successfully apply. The grant is available only to Prescott registered non-profit organizations.
Here are important dates for the grant process:
- The grant program opens on Friday, March 1st, 2024. Applications will be available online at www.experienceprescott.com
- There will be a mandatory meeting for all applicants on Wednesday, March 6th, 2024 at 2:30 p.m. at the Prescott City Hall Council Chambers. 201 N. Montezuma St., third floor. A representative from the organization must be present for the mandatory meeting and must sign in.
- Grant applications are due no later than Friday, April 5th, 2024 at 5 p.m.
- Award letters will be sent in early May 2024.
- Grant approval by City Council in June 2024.
Cristina Binkley with Experience Prescott said that past applicants and new applicants are welcome to apply for the grants, but in order to do so, they must attend this meeting. If there are grant applicants or new organizations who are thinking about coordinating new events, they are encouraged to come to the mandatory meeting to learn more.
Attendance at this meeting is required for an organization to successfully apply for a grant.
All grant materials including the application, a guidebook and other resources will be available on the official website ExperiencePrescott by March 1st. For more information please contact the Tourism Office. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.