Fire Information (928) 925-1111 8:00 am – 8:00 pm
Location: 16 miles south of Prescott, AZ on the Bradshaw Ranger District (T10N, R2W, S5)
Start Date: July 14th
Size: Approximately 1,000 acres
Percent Contained: 0
Vegetation: Grass and Brush
Resources Assigned: Air Attack, 2 – Airtankers, 1 – Type 1 Helicopter, 4 – Hot Shot Crews, 2 – Dozers, Multiple Engines and Water Tenders
Crews focused suppression efforts on both the north and west flanks of the fire today, constructing dozer and hand line. Burnout operations to reinforce the effectiveness of the constructed lines occurred and will continue this week as conditions allow. Firefighters remain on alert for hot, dry windy conditions that may affect the fire’s behavior and direction of growth. The fire has increased in size but we will not have an accurate acreage number until tomorrow.
Smoke will be very visible over the next few days in Prescott and surrounding communities.
For the safety of firefighter and emergency responders fire managers will be implement road closures on the Bradshaw Ranger District.
The following roads have been closed:
- At the junction of Forest Road 52 and Forest Road 261 south to the junction of Forest Road 52 and Forest Road 361; following Forest Road 52 east to Crown King.
- Mayer-Bolander Road (County Road 177) is closed from the western boundary of Pine Flat west to Forest Road 52 (Senator Highway).
The public can obtain additional information via the following:
- Fire Information: (928) 925-1111
- Prescott NF Forest Website: http://www.fs.usda.gov/prescott/
- Twitter: @PrescottNF
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PrescottNF/
Local Ranger Stations: Bradshaw Ranger District, (928) 443-8000; Chino Valley Ranger District (928) 777-2200; Verde Ranger District (928) 567-4121