Prescott, AZ (March 8, 2019) – Prescott Regional Airport (PRC) recently released statistics from the first six months of Essential Air Service (EAS), provided by United Express, operated by SkyWest Airlines. The service begin on August 29, 2018, and flies daily to Los Angeles and Denver.
Here is a summary of the report:
• The end of February marked the first six (full) months of commercial air service with United Express/SkyWest Airlines.
• Historically with airlines, January and February are two of the lowest months for passenger traffic after the holidays. PRC hit a 63.9% Load Factor (LF), with 1,982 passengers in January and a 63.8% LF, and 1,628 passengers for February.
• Currently PRC is 6,390 passengers away from hitting 10,000 enplanements for calendar year 2019 to retain our Primary – Non-Hub status.
• Despite snow cancellations in February, PRC is still on track to hit 25,000 enplanements in 2019.
Here are some additional highlights and data for the past full six months (Sep-Feb) since SkyWest started service:
• 12,347 Revenue Departing passengers (Average Load Factor of 71.47%)
• 12,241 Revenue Arriving passengers (Average Load Factor of 70.92%)
• 24,588 TOTAL Revenue Passengers thru PRC (Average Load Factor of 71.24%)
• Operated 686 Flights (Arrivals & Departures) out of 698 Scheduled – 98.2% Completion Rating *Majority of Cancellations due to Weather related safety issues
Flights for spring break are nearly full to both LA and Denver! Additionally, projections based on current booking for March-July continue to be strong.
“By all accounts, PRC has continued to perform well above expectations,” said Dr. Robin Sobotta, Airport Director. “We continue to see strong numbers of enplanements (people boarding in Prescott, and deplanements, people getting off in Prescott.”
To book a flight from Prescott, please visit United’s website at www.united.com, the United App, or by calling Reservations at 1-800-864-8331.