PRESCOTT, AZ (April 28, 2017) – The Bradshaw Ranger District has expanded the Goodwin Fire area closure on Wednesday, June 28th at 6:00 am. The area affected follows the Prescott NF boundary along State Hwy 69 on the East and North sides, then State Highway 89 on the West, and as far south as Walnut Grove across to Cleator. All campgrounds and recreation opportunities in this area will be closed to the public as a precautionary measure to ensure public safety and to allow safe travel for those involved in the Goodwin Fire.
The Forest is cancelling all campground reservations with recreation.gov for the next 2 weeks and freezing new reservations. Campers will be eligible for full refunds, but should retain their receipts to facilitate the process.
Recreation Sites/Areas Closed:
- Lynx Campground
- Hilltop Campground
- Eagle Ridge Group Campground
- South Shore and North Shore Day Use Areas
- Lynx Lake Store and Marina
- Highland Center for Natural History
Groom Creek Corridor
- Groom Creek Horse Camp
- Groom Creek Schoolhouse and Picnic Area
- Lower and Upper Wolf Creek Campgrounds
- Forest Service-Permitted Organization Camps
- White Spar Campground
- All trails and trailheads within the closure area
- All camping within our designated dispersed sites and primitive camping within the closure area
The communities of Cleator and Crown King are open and NOT in the closure area.
For information on the closure please call the Bradshaw Ranger District at (928) 443-8000.
Click on map below to enlarge.