Chris Knack, Director of Client Care Services at Home Care Assistance of Northern Arizona, based in Prescott, AZ., has recently become a Nationally Certified Geriatric Care Manager and a Professional Member of Aging Life Care (formerly National Association of Geriatric Care Managers).
Knack, who received his first Masters of Science in Community Agency Counseling and a second Masters in School Counseling, has spent time working in both inpatient and outpatient settings as well as residential and group homes as a therapist for children, adults, and seniors. As a manager, Chris has run multiple outpatient sites, and was the CEO for a Private Psychiatric Facility in Prescott Valley, Arizona. Chris has nearly twenty years experience as a Cognitive Behavioral Therapist.
Advantages of Certified Professional Geriatric Care Managers
Certified Professional Geriatric Care Managers can provide a number of valuable services designed to help you live life the way you want, including staying at home as long as possible. Here are some other ways Chris, and Home Care Assistance can help you:
- SAFETY AND SECURITY- monitoring clients at home, recommending technologies and aids to add to security or safety
- ENTITLEMENTS- providing information on federal and state entitlements and connecting families to local programs
- FINANCIAL- may include reviewing or overseeing bill paying or consulting with accountant or the client’s Power of Attorney
- LEGAL- referring to or consulting with an Elder Law Attorney, providing expert opinion for courts in determining level of care
- SOCIAL ACTIVITIES- providing opportunity for clients to engage in social, recreational, or cultural activities that enrich your quality of life
- COMMUNICATION- keeping family members and professionals informed as to the well-being and changing needs of the client
- MEDICAL MANAGEMENT- attending doctor appointments, facilitating communication between doctor, client, family, and when appropriate monitoring the client’s adherence to medical orders and instructions
- HOME CARE SERVICES- determining the types of services that are right for the client and assisting the family to engage and monitor those services
- HOUSING- helping families evaluate and select appropriate level of housing or care and supporting residence options.
Home Care Assistance is continuously advancing the credentials of our staff to directly benefit our clients and the community! We would like to congratulate Chris Knack on becoming a Nationally Certified Geriatric Care Manager. In addition to these services Chris can also provide assessment, planning and problem solving, education and advocacy, and family and caregiver coaching and training. These are just some of the ways Chris can help you to get the most from life, the way you want it.
For More Info: www.HomeCareAssistancePrescott.com