The Cognitive Therapeutics Method (CTM) is a cognitive stimulation program developed by the scientific division of Home Care Assistance. The program aims to improve quality of life in our clients by promoting brain health through personalized, one-on-one activities that engage the main cognitive domains in the brain.
These activities target more than just memory and work the executive functioning, attention, language, and visual spatial perception domains as well. They are based on scientific research pointing to nonpharmacological intervention as an effective way to promote long-term brain health and were developed by a research team led by a neuropsychologist.
Home Care Assistance has created a new activities-based program for seniors and older adults with memory related conditions, helping specifically to:
- Slow cognitive decline
- Delay the onset of dementia
- Build a routine to look forward to
- Regain a sense of pride and accomplishment
- Engage with others in an enjoyable way
Why use an ordinary caregiver when you can hire a caregiver who is trained in the Cognitive Therapeutics Method?
Home Care Assistance proudly trains caregivers in our proprietary Cognitive Therapeutics Method so that clients receive one-to-one cognitive stimulation as well as support with basic care and activities of daily living at no additional cost! The Cognitive Therapeutics Method not only improves our client’s mental acuity, but also their overall level of engagement and happiness.
A comprehensive cognitive activities program supporting individual needs
The Cognitive Therapeutics Method is an activity-based program designed to prevent the onset of new forms of cognitive decline, as well as slow the progression of existing symptoms for individuals experiencing cognitive impairment. Based on cutting-edge scientific research and the landmark National Institutes of Health report, suggesting that mental stimulation is associated with slower cognitive decline, the Method currently includes over 20 activities targeting not just memory, but the five primary domains of the mind.
- Executive Functioning includes cognitive abilities such as reasoning, problem solving, judgment, and thought flexibility
- Attention refers to the ability to focus on a specific piece of information for a long period of time while ignoring competing distractions
- Language refers to the ability to execute verbal functions including spontaneous speech, speech repetition, speech comprehension, naming, reading and writing
- Visual-Spatial Perception involves the ability to accurately perceive and object’s physical location and understand the relationships between objects
- Memory refers to the ability to retain information and utilize it later
To find out more about Cognitive Therapeutics, call 928-771-0105 and speak with a Care Manager now.
Home Care Assistance Prescott
Our mission at Home Care Assistance is to change the way the world ages. We provide older adults with quality care in Prescott, that enables them to live happier, healthier lives at home. Our services are distinguished by the caliber of our caregivers, the responsiveness of our staff and our expertise in live-in care. We embrace a positive, balanced approach to aging centered on the evolving needs of older adults.