HELI-EXPO 2015, Orlando, FL. - During their 60th Diamond Anniversary Banquet at HAI HELI-EXPO 2015, Orlando, FL., Whirly-Girls International announced the new Guidance Aviation Instrument Rating Scholarship. The Guidance Aviation Instrument Rating Scholarship, Helicopter, includes:
- 30 hours flight training in a Robinson R44 helicopter with fuel and Flight Instructor (CFI-I)
- 45 hours in the X-Copter helicopter aviation training device with Flight Instructor (CFI-I)
- 15 hours (one-on-one) ground instruction with CFI-I
- 40 hours a week free tutoring available
- Unlimited practice time in “X-Copter” ATD simulator
- FAA Designated Examiner fees (up to two check-rides)
- FAA written testing fees (up to two written tests)
- Online instructional videos for Instrument Helicopter aeronautical knowledge
- Online Computer-Based Training (CBT) for Instrument Helicopter aeronautical knowledge
- Online instructional videos for Instrument Helicopter flight maneuver
- Includes all collegiate tuition and fees
“We strongly support the Whirly-Girls organization and believe that one of the most important missions to pursue is getting more women into helicopter aviation. That is why, in addition to our Level 1 sponsorship of the Whirly-Girls over the next three years, we are pleased to provide the Guidance Aviation Instrument Rating Scholarship. I can’t think of a better way to get more ladies flying. We need them in the industry,” states John Stonecipher, CEO, Guidance Aviation.
How To Apply
Prospective female applicants are encouraged to go to http://www.guidance.aero/2016-guidance-aviation-instrument-scholarship to find out more about the Guidance Aviation Instrument Scholarship – Helicopter and apply, or, email “Colleen Chen” at the Whirly-Girls, wgvpsch@WhirlyGirls.org for more information.
Guidance Aviation is an FAA approved Part 141 helicopter flight training institution with flight operations in Prescott, Arizona and Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Through their collegiate partner programs, graduates earn both their Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree, Aviation Technology – Helicopters, and the necessary FAA certificates and ratings (CFI-I) to become working, professional helicopter pilots. Guidance Aviation is a military friendly organization. The majority of its employees and students are U.S. Military Veterans.