PRESCOTT, Ariz. –For the first time in school history, the Embry-Riddle Prescott Eagles topped off a successful athletics year by winning the 2014-15 Cal Pac Conference Commissioner’s Cup of the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA).
The Commissioner’s Cup is awarded to the institution that accumulated the most points in the previous school year. Points are awarded based on conference championship finish, including post-season tournaments. The Eagles won three championships, in men’s cross country, men’s golf and women’s golf, and had four runner-up finishes in men’s soccer, women’s soccer, women’s cross country and women’s softball.
In addition, 13 student-athletes carrying a minimum grade point average of 3.50 (on a 4.0 scale) were named Daktronics-NAIA Scholar-Athletes.
“We are so proud of the fact that our student-athletes are dominant both on the field and in the classroom,” said Embry-Riddle Prescott Chancellor Dr. Frank Ayers.
The list of Embry-Riddle Prescott Eagles honored in the Cal Pac Conference includes the following:
Cal Pac All-Conference Athletes
· Ryan Holt, First Team
· Tristan Korras, First Team
· Isaac Sanchez, First Team
· Nick Uzunyan, First Team
· Nick Goldstein, Second Team
· Fabio Pena, Second Team
· Amanda Bennett, First Team
· Kalyn Goodenough, First Team
· Sidney Jones, First Team
Men’s Cross Country
· Kyle Miller, First Team
· Andrew Petersen, First Team
· Vincent Arminio, Second Team
· Blake Bradford, Second Team
Women’s Cross Country
· Madison Babione, First Team
· Chelsie Reid, First Team
· Lisa Garside, Second Team
· Marina McKenzie, Second Team
· Matt Zampello, All-Conference Team
· Trae Jones, All-Conference Team
· Lauren Kruszewski, All-Conference Team
· Jessica DeOcampo, First Team
· Monica Gomez, Second Team
· Stephanie Barazza, All-Conference Team
· Simonne Davis, All-Conference Team
· Sammie Merriman, All-Conference Team
· Kayla Avram, All-Conference Team At-Large
· Hannah DeLuna, All-Conference Team At-Large
Cal Pac Individual Awards
· Cal Pac Player of the Year: Matt Zampello (men’s golf)
· Cal Pac Player of the Year: Lauren Kruszewski (women’s golf)
· Cal Pac Player of the Year: Kalyn Goodenough (women’s soccer)
· Cal Pac Freshman of the Year: Mariah Desmarais (women’s soccer)
· Cal Pac Freshman of the Year: Nick Goldstein (men’s soccer)
· Cal Pac Defender of the Year: Ryan Holt (men’s soccer)
· Lauren Kruszewski, NAIA First Team All-American, Women’s Golf
· Ryan Holt, NAIA Third Team All-American, Men’s Soccer
· Tristan Korras, NAIA Honorable Mention, Men’s Soccer
· Kalyn Goodenough, NAIA Honorable Mention, Women’s Soccer
NAIA National Champion
· Jose Cruz, Wrestling
Embry-Riddle Prescott’s Athletics Department continues to grow, with men’s basketball launching in Fall 2015 and women’s basketball in Fall 2016. The Eagles have already signed eight strong recruits for the inaugural men’s team.
The Athletics Department will soon be moving into a new facility that has undergone a $7 million, three-year renovation to enclose the previous structures and add new locker rooms and offices.
About Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, the world’s largest, fully accredited university specializing in aviation and aerospace, is a nonprofit, independent institution offering more than 75 baccalaureate, master’s and Ph.D. degree programs in its colleges of Arts & Sciences, Aviation, Business, Engineering and Security & Intelligence. Embry-Riddle educates students at residential campuses in Daytona Beach, Fla., and Prescott, Ariz., through the Worldwide Campus with more than 125 locations in the United States, Europe, Asia and the Middle East, and through online programs. The university is a major research center, seeking solutions to real-world problems in partnership with the aerospace industry, other universities and government agencies. For more information, visit www.embryriddle.edu, follow us on Twitter (@EmbryRiddle)and facebook.com/EmbryRiddleUniversity, and find expert videos at YouTube.com/EmbryRiddleUniv. For more information about the Prescott Campus, follow on Twitter at @ERAU_Prescott and at facebook.com/ERAUPrescott.