BASIS Prescott opened in 2014 due to an overwhelming community demand to bring a BASIS school to the Quad City area. Currently in its third year of operation, BASIS Prescott serves nearly 800 students in grades K-12, which is approximately 38% of the school age population in Prescott, AZ (https://suburbanstats.org/population/arizona/how-many-people-live-in-prescott).
Already in this 2016-17 school year, BASIS Prescott is proud to announce that:
- One student has been named National Merit Semifinalist;
- One student has been named National Merit Commended Scholar;
- One student has been named National Hispanic Scholar.
Last year, BASIS Prescott administered the International Student Assessment (ISA) to its 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders. These students outperformed every other country that administered the exam, in every grade and every subject.
BASIS Prescott also had:
- #1 pass rate in Yavapai County for English Language Arts;
- #2 pass rate in Yavapai County for Math;
- Ranked #1 by a significant margin in 8th grade ELA.
In Addition to academics, BASIS Prescott offers a variety of after school programs and sports. Last year, both their middle school boys basketball team and middle school girls volleyball team took 1st place in ISSA. Additionally, BASIS Prescott’s golf team won the CAA State Championship.