Yavapai CASA for Kids Foundation (YC4KF) is an Arizona Qualified Foster Care Charitable Organization that serves the unmet needs of children in the care of the court.
We need your help now.
YC4KF has placed collection boxes and gaily decorated trees in many locations in the quad-city area and we need you to purchase gifts for our foster children and place those gifts in the collection boxes for our kids.
- AmTrust Bank 3027 Dollar Mark
- Bealls 1048 Willow Creek Road
- C-A-L Ranch Stores, 1048 Willow Creek Road
- Country Bank, 107 E. Willis St
- El Charro, 120 N. Montezuma Street
- Fann Construction, 1403 Industrial Way
- Flex Realty, 401 Whipple Street
- Foothills Bank, 800 Miller Valley Road
- Mandalay Home Office, 1955 Commerce Center Cir
- Mandalay at the Dells, 5256 Scenic Crest Way
- National Bank of Arizona, 1500 Willow Creek Road
- Prescott Lakes Clubhouse, 311 E. Smoketree Lane
- Prescott Public Library, 215 E. Goodwin Street
- Walmart, 1280 Gail Gardner Way
- Ace Hardware, 7211 E 1st St, Prescott Valley
- Clayote Studios 8198 E. Spouse Rd. #2,
- Bradshaw Mtn. High School, 6000 Long Look Drive
- Country Bank, 3044 Glassford Hill Rd.
- Granville Community Center, 5643 Granville Pkwy
- Mandalay at Mingus West, 8538 Shiloh Road
- Starbucks, 3100 N. Glassford Hill
- Ace Hardware, 1395 AZ-89
- Chino Valley Library, 1020 W. Palomino Road
- Family Dollar Store, 314 Business Park Dr
- First Southern Baptist Church, 1524 N. Hwy 89
- Grace Baptist Church, Hwy 89 and Outer Loop Road
- Mandalay at Mollie Ray, 44 MacKenzie Rose Drive
- Mandalay at Highlands Ranch, 1274 Brentwood Way
- Mandalay at Bright Star, 2571 Aurora Drive
- Safeway, 1031 N. US Hwy 89
Area residents can go into one of these locations and pick up a flyer with information about Yavapai CASA for Kids Foundation and gift suggestions for various age groups. Donors can then purchase the appropriate gift and bring it, unwrapped, back to one of the collection sites. The last pick-up for the gifts will be Saturday, December 16th.
The public has been very generous in past years with gifts for these children and youth. However, while ample donations are made for babies, children and preteens, fewer appropriate gifts are given for older youth, especially teenage boys. Suggestions for these youth include items such as watches, tool kits, educational games and books, music and sports equipment.
The Yavapai CASA for Kids Foundation will collect the gifts and take them to the distribution site at the Fraternal Order of Eagles Aerie where CASAs (Court Appointed Special Advocates), foster parents and Department of Child Services case managers will select ‘just the right gift” for the children in their care.
Many children who have been removed from their homes are living with foster parents. Although these parents receive some funding to provide food and other necessities for the children, the money is not sufficient to cover “non-essentials” such as Christmas gifts. Many more children have been placed with non-licensed relatives who receive no financial support from the State.
These are our children! Let’s give them a wonderful holiday!
To learn more about the CASA for Kids Foundation, please visit www.YavapaiCASAforKids.org.