PRESCOTT, AZ (June 20, 2019) –For the first time in recent memory, the City of Prescott will host their Independence Day Fireworks on Watson Lake on Thursday, July 4. The family-friendly event will begin at 1 p.m., with fireworks expected to take place around 9:00p.m. Here are important event details.
There will be a variety of family-friendly activities, including live music, water slides, inflatables, games and activities, plus a beer garden (21 and over). There will also be food vendors with a variety of options available. The 108th US Army Band will be performing during the Fireworks celebration.
- $5 general admission fee (Children under 5 are free).
- $20 unlimited inflatables pass (general admission included).
- Gates will open at 12:30 p.m.
- Parking at Watson Lake is limited, and first come, first served, for a $10 fee. Ample handicap accessible spaces are available at the Watson Lake area, also for $10 fee.
- Free parking is available at Pioneer Park, with free shuttles running to the event, between 2 p.m. until 11:45 p.m.
- State Route 89 will be closed between the Willow Lake Road roundabout, and Prescott Lakes Parkway, starting at 2 p.m., until following the fireworks show. The road will re-open as soon as the area is safe for traffic.
- Watson Lake is closed for the entire day, due to preparations for the event.
We ask that visitors kindly observe the following restrictions: No coolers, no canopies, no backpacks, no outside liquids, no outside food or drink, no BBQs, no animals, no firearms, no outside fireworks. Blankets encouraged. All bags are subject to search.
Please bring a flashlight to navigate after the fireworks show.