Photo: House Speaker Kevin McCarthy
This week, House Speaker Kevin McCarthy announced the opening a formal impeachment inquiry into Joe Biden in the United States House of Representatives.
I wholeheartedly support Speaker McCarthy’s decision to open an impeachment inquiry of Joe Biden.
The House Committee on Oversight and Accountability, on which I, serve has methodically uncovered substantial evidence detailing multiple levels of corruption and impeachable offenses by Joe Biden.
Mr. Biden very well may be the most corrupt and incompetent president in American history. Every week, new revelations come out on how his dealings with foreign governments enriched him and his family at the expense of Americans.
When making his announcement, Speaker McCarthy thoughtfully explained the many allegations of the culture of corruption which led to this week’s decision to proceed with the impeachment inquiry.
- Biden lied to the American people about knowledge of his family’s foreign business dealings.
- Eyewitnesses have testified that Biden joined multiple phone calls and had multiple interactions, dinners, resulting in cars and millions of dollars to his son and his son’s business partners.
- Bank records show that nearly $20 million in payments were directed to Biden family members and associates through various shell companies.
- The Treasury Department, alone, has more than 150 transactions involving the Biden family and other business associates that were flagged as “suspicious activity” by U.S. banks.
- An FBI informant has alleged a bribe to the Biden family.
- Biden used his official office to coordinate with Hunter Biden’s business partners about Hunter’s role in Burisma, a Ukrainian energy company. Let’s not forget that in 2018, Joe Biden bragged about withholding aid to Ukraine when he was Vice President until this Ukrainian prosecutor was fired.
- Biden’s family has been offered special treatment by Biden’s own administration; treatment he would not otherwise have received if he were not related to the President.
- The National Archives has confirmed that Biden used as many as three aliases to hide his true identity when discussing bribes with overseas contacts.
It is also my firm belief that the bribes paid to Joe Biden by Ukraine are the reason the United States is now engaged in a proxy war with Russia at great financial cost to Americans and at great cost in lives lost of young men. Our role there is unnecessary and harmful and the bribery scheme getting us involved there will be exposed during this impeachment inquiry.
I could go on about all his failings of the American people, but I’ll cut to the chase: these are allegations that demand further investigation by the House of Representatives and the American people deserve to know the truth.
What’s next? The impeachment inquiry allows the Judiciary, Oversight and Accountability, and Ways and Means Committees to formally begin investigation of the evidence of Biden’s corruption. Based upon Speaker McCarthy’s announcement, the impeachment will focus on allegations of bribery by the Biden family, as well as corruption between Joe Biden and his son Hunter Biden during business dealings. The next step is when House leadership determines enough evidence was acquired to impeach a president, the Committees will report specific articles of impeachment out of the committee for a House vote.
For further perspective on the impeachment inquiry, I encourage you to read this well-written articleby the Article III Project.
As I mentioned, I serve on the House Committee on Oversight and Accountability, and I take seriously my role in this impeachment inquiry. I will follow the facts wherever they go. I will ask tough questions and will not shy away from getting to the absolute truth. I have no higher constitutional duty.