Image courtesy of DepositPhotos
The degree is the first baccalaureate degree offered by a rural community college in Arizona
Yavapai College has received notice of accreditation from the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) for its Bachelor of Science in Business Degree.
The notice of accreditation means that the degree is now officially part of the College’s curriculum, and registration for classes will begin on April 17 for the fall 2023 semester.
“This is exciting news and means that Yavapai College is officially ready to begin offering a bachelor’s degree that is both convenient and affordable for our communities,” said Dr. Lisa Rhine, President of Yavapai College. “This degree can instantly transform lives, help them reach a higher job level, increase their wages, start something new, grow something current, and most importantly, not be gouged with financial or travel burdens. We want our students to graduate from YC, and we want them to stay in Yavapai County.”
The Bachelor of Science in Business degree will have a concentration in Organizational Management and Leadership, allowing almost anybody in any occupation to find it valuable. The concentration will prepare students to become effective leaders in the workforce as managers, supervisors, and team leaders.
About the Degree
The 120-credit Bachelor of Science in Business Degree:
- Is designed for new students, continuing students, or graduates. Those fresh out of high school, who have no college, or already have an associate degree in any discipline can enroll.
- Is offered entirely online.
- Can be completed in the traditional pattern for a full-time student of 30 credits per year, which will take four years to complete.
- Can also be completed through 8-week classes, significantly reducing completion time. The 8-week classes will start in August, October, January, March, and June
- Is incredibly affordable when compared to other baccalaureate degree options. Students will pay $155 per credit for in-state tuition for upper-division courses.
- Uses Open Educational Resources for all classes, meaning that there are NO textbook costs for students.
- Has no associated student fees.
- Has a Credit breakdown of:
- 31 credits of general education requirements
- 44 credits of lower division requirements, which are introductory business courses
- 30 credits of upper division requirements in 300 and 400-level courses
- And 15 credits for the organizational management and leadership concentration
Class registration begins on April 17, 2023, with the classes starting at the beginning of the fall semester on August 12. Any student interested in the degree should fill out the form at www.yc.edu/bachelordegree.
For more information about the Bachelor of Science in Business Degree, visit www.yc.edu/bsb.
Yavapai College operates six campuses and centers throughout Yavapai County and offers over 100 degrees and certificates, a baccalaureate degree, student and community services, and cultural events and activities.
To learn more about YC, visit www.yc.edu.