Stage 1 Fire Restriction Reminder
The City of Prescott Recreation Services Department is pleased to announce that effective 6:00am, on Friday, May 13, 2022, Watson Lake will be re-open for recreational opportunities. We appreciate the community’s understanding and patience over the past several weeks during the ongoing operations in support of the #CrooksFire. Goldwater Lake reopened on May 8th.
Please mindful that the City is under Stage 1 fire restrictions, along with the Prescott National Forest and the rest of Yavapai County. This means:
Stage 1 Fire Restrictions
- NO residential burn permits will be issued.
- Use of model rockets is PROHIBITED.
- Use of fireworks and other pyrotechnic displays are PROHIBITED except by commercial special events permit.
- NO smoking outside of vehicles, outside of residential yards, or outside of designated smoking areas.
- NO outdoor use of firearms.
Cooking, warming, or campfires (ash or ember producing) ARE still ALLOWED at single and multi-family residential properties and Town parks (where approved) but MUST BE attended at all times
For information about all City of Prescott recreational facilities, go to the City’s website, and search Recreation from the home page.