The Prescott National Forest is looking for energetic, hardworking, fun-loving individuals and pairs of people to become Volunteer Hosts on the Bradshaw Ranger District of the Prescott National Forest. The 2022 season begins the last week of March for locations opening on April 1, 2022 and last week of April for locations opening on May 1, 2022. Most locations close on October 31, and hosts depart the first week of November. This is a 6 – 7 month volunteer opportunity.
All volunteer host opportunities require:
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Good physical fitness.
- Willingness and ability to clean toilets, fire rings, barbeque grills, and perform light maintenance.
- Basic clerical skills.
- Able to practice all required safety procedures, including use of personal protective equipment.
- Must own camping accommodations (RV/Motorhome/Camper).
- Hosts are on duty all weekends and have 2 consecutive days off during the week.
- Not all host locations provide utilities. Volunteers who can serve without utilities (off-grid) are greatly needed.
- A desire to be good stewards of public lands.
Please apply electronically through www.volunteer.gov. Type “Prescott National Forest” into the search line to find complete information about this opportunity. Apply no later than November 7, 2021. Telephone interviews will be conducted with selected applicants beginning in November 2021.
If you are unable to apply electronically, or have questions, contact Nina Hubbard, Volunteer & Partnership Coordinator at 928-567-1173 or email@example.com