The City of Prescott will host their Independence Day Fireworks on Watson Lake on Sunday, July 4. The family-friendly event will begin at 3 p.m., with fireworks expected to take place around 9:00p.m. Here are important event details:
- State Route 89 will be closed between the Willow Lake Road roundabout, and Prescott Lakes Parkway, starting at 2 p.m., until the fireworks show has ended. The road will re-open as soon as the area is safe for traffic. Attached is a street closure map.
- There will be a variety of family-friendly activities, including live music, water slides, inflatables, games and activities, plus a beer garden (21 and over). There will also be food vendors with a variety of options available. The 108th US Army Band will be performing during the Fireworks celebration.
- $5 general admission fee (Children under 5 are free).
- $25 unlimited inflatables pass Pre-Sale (general admission included). Passes at the door will be $30.
- All general admission tickets and passes can be purchased at https://prescottevents.ticketspice.com/prescott-4th-of-july .
- Gates will open at 3:00 p.m.
- Parking at Watson Lake is limited, and first come, first served, for a $10 fee. Ample handicap accessible spaces are available at the Watson Lake area, also for a $10 fee.
- Additional parking will be allowed on Highway 89 for a fee of $10, between the Watson Lake Overlook and the Roundabout beginning at 6 p.m. Guests may exit their vehicles and enter the event, however all vehicles must be removed from the highway no later than 11p.m. All vehicles parked on the highway MUST exit south bound to Prescott Lakes Parkway.
- Free parking is available at Pioneer Park, with free shuttles running to the event, between 3:30 p.m. until 8:30 p.m. Shuttle service will resume back to Pioneer Park following the Fireworks show.
- Watson Lake will be closed at 12:00 p.m., due to preparations for the event.
- We ask that visitors kindly observe the following restrictions: No coolers, no canopies, no backpacks (open tote bags are ok), no outside food or drink, no BBQs, no animals, no firearms, no outside fireworks.
- Patrons will be permitted to bring one unopened and sealed bottle of water per person.
- Lawn chairs and umbrellas for shade are welcomed, blankets encouraged. All bags are subject to search.
- Please bring a flashlight to navigate after the fireworks show.
For more information about the Fireworks, and other events in Prescott, go to visit-prescott.com, or prescottevents.net, or call Recreation Services at 928-777-1122.
Community members and visitors are reminded that the use of fireworks, with some safe and sane varieties available for purchase in our community, are forbidden, as Yavapai County, including Prescott and surrounding communities, are under Stage II fire restrictions.
The commercial fireworks display currently scheduled for Watson Lake is continuously being evaluated to ensure any risk they might present is managed with sufficient fire suppression resources on site. We will continue to monitor conditions and resource availability as we draw closer to the date of the event.