The City of Prescott has launched the “Prescott CARES” Program. The city has been awarded a $427,000 grant to help Prescott residents and businesses impacted by the pandemic. Funds will help qualifying Prescott residents with rent, mortgage and utility payments and support struggling businesses.
The COVID-19 pandemic has brought economic uncertainty to many individuals, families and businesses, both locally and around the world. Beginning April 19, 2021, Prescott residents and businesses can apply for emergency funds through the new Prescott CARES program. The program was created to help individuals and families maintain stable housing and keep businesses viable within the community.
- Have been residents of Prescott, AZ since 3/1/2020.
- Have lost income directly as a result of the pandemic (proof of loss required).
- Have not received a federal housing subsidy in the past 12 months.
- Qualify based on their income. The maximum income to receive this funding is: $36,200 for a family of one and that rate increases with the size of the family.
- Be physically located in the City of Prescott in a brick and mortar business with customers primarily based in Prescott.
- Have been in operation for at least six months prior to the COVID-19 pandemic (Sept 16, 2019).
- Provide evidence of potential job loss as a result of COVID-19.
- Provide evidence of being able to retain jobs for at least 6 months after grant.