E-file is a cooperative tax filing program that makes it possible for taxpayers to file both federal and state individual income tax returns electronically. Electronic filing, paying and using direct deposit for a refund comes with many benefits.
Why e-file your income tax return?
- Easy step-by-step instructions. The software directs taxpayers through the income tax form questions.
- Faster refunds. On average, refunds arrive several weeks sooner than paper returns.
- Accuracy. Input or upload your figures and the software does the rest, providing error detection before filing.
- Security. Information is encrypted and securely transmitted to the IRS and ADOR.
- Proof of acceptance. Taxpayers receive an acknowledgment of receipt from both the IRS and ADOR via the service, so they will know their returns have been received and accepted.
- Convenience. The convenience of filing 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from home.
Why e-pay your payment?
- Single-step. In a single step, a filer can e-file and e-pay.
- No need for paper checks. File early and schedule an online payment for a date prior to the April due date.
- No unauthorized withdrawals will be made. Payment information will only be used for the tax payment(s) authorized by a taxpayer.
- No payment information disclosed, other than to process the authorized transaction.
- No ADOR service charges for e-check. Taxpayers may want to check with their financial institution about any fees it may charge.
Why use direct deposit?
- Receive the refund fast – even faster if e-filed!
- Extra secure. There is no check to get lost.
- More convenient. No trip to the bank to deposit the check.
- Free. No cost for direct deposit.
- Available whether the return is filed electronically or by paper.
Taxpayers can view a list of software providers certified to submit electronically filed returns with the department.