Prescott Public Library is pleased to announce that beginning Monday, March 1, the library will reopen and return to a seven-day per week schedule. Curbside service through reservations and Click & Collect will end Friday, February 26 at 6 pm, with reservations closing at noon. Curbside service will not be available Saturday, February 27 to allow staff to prepare for public access on March 1. Telephone reference service only will be available on Saturday, February 27, 10 am – 6 pm and the library will be closed Sunday, February 28.
Hours beginning March 1:
Sunday 1 pm – 5 pm
Monday 9 am – 5 pm
Tuesday 9 am – 8 pm
Wednesday 9 am – 8 pm
Thursday 9 am – 8 pm
Friday 9 am – 5 pm
Saturday 9 am – 5 pm
Changes as the library reopens on March 1:
- All three library entrances will be open.
- The alley book drop will reopen.
- Items will no longer be quarantined for three days upon return.
- Curbside service will be discontinued.
Other COVID-19 modifications remain in place:
- Face coverings strongly advised when visiting the library.
- Maintain social distancing in the library.
- There may be times when the library will need to restrict entry based on occupancy numbers.
- Visitors will please limit their time in the building to one hour to allow the maximum number of people to visit.
- A limited number of public computers are available on a first come, first served basis. Computer sessions are limited to 60 minutes per patron, per day.
- Lounge chairs and study tables are not available.
- In-person library programs will not be scheduled until further notice. Please check the Online Events Calendar for programs offered virtually.
- Meeting room reservations are not currently available. However, virtual Meetings through a library Zoom® Business account are now available to nonprofit and government groups as well as individuals.
- Study rooms are not available.
- The Friends of the Library Book Sale is only able to accept up to two boxes of donations per donor at this time. We do ask that you please bring donations to the 1st floor of the library and do not place them in the return bins.
- The Rock Garden, an early literacy play space, is closed until further notice.
- Early literacy “AWE” computers (app-based computers for younger children) are not available.
Precautions in Place
- Library staff wear masks.
- Sneeze guards are at every service desk
- The library has sanitizing products available in high-touch areas and staff regularly clean frequently used surfaces.
For individuals who would rather not enter the library, please consider these options:
- For individuals with vision loss or physical limitations, consider using our Books By Mail service.
- Choose from hundreds of magazines and newspapers to read on your computer, tablet, or phone through OverDrive or PressReader.
- Check out an eBook or downloadable audiobook from OverDrive or eBook Central.
- Watch a movie on Kanopy.
- Learn a new skill on Lynda.com.
All you need is a library card! Visit the library’s website at www.prescottlibrary.info or contact the library at 928.777.1500 or email@example.com for more information. For regular updates to Services, please visit www.prescottlibrary.info/modified-library-services/.
Despite the limitations on service due to COVID-19, Prescott Public Library has continued to serve the public for the past eleven months, providing 352,056 physical items, 100,108 electronic items, and serving 97,904 patrons.