The Prescott National Forest (Prescott NF) will waive fees at day-use recreation sites on Monday, February 15, 2021, to celebrate Presidents Day.
All Prescott NF offices will be closed on Monday, February 15 for the federal holiday, resuming virtual business hours on Tuesday, February 16.
The Forest Service participates in fee-free days with other federal agencies to encourage Americans to visit their public lands. Fees will be waived at Prescott NF sites that normally charge a day-use fee. As part of this nationwide event fees will be waived at the following sites:
- Lynx Lake Recreation Area: North Shore, South Shore and Lynx Creek Ruin
- Granite Basin Recreation Area: Cayuse, Wekuvde, Boat Launch, Playa, and Metate
- Thumb Butte Recreation Area
- Alto Pit OHV Recreation Area: Day Use Site
- Hayfield Draw OHV Recreation Area
- Groom Creek Nature Trail
The remaining fee waiver dates for 2021 are National Get Outdoors Day on June 12, National Public Lands Day on September 25 and Veterans Day on November 11.