The Prescott National Forest wishes to remind all fuelwood cutters that your tags and permits that were purchased during the 2020 calendar year expire on December 31, 2020.
2021 firewood wood permits will be available for purchase on January 4, 2021 at $2.00/cord with a $20.00 minimum purchase. New firewood guides and tags will be available at that time.
The Prescott National Forest has closed offices to the public and implemented virtual services to protect the health and safety of employees and members of the public during the COVID-19 outbreak in accordance with guidance from federal and state authorities.
Fuelwood permit purchases can be made by credit card over the phone, or by check through the mail. Please contact any of the offices listed below for more information or to purchase fuelwood permits, map, passes:
- Supervisor’s Office, (928) 777-2200 M-F, 8:30 – 12:30; 1:00 – 4:00; 735 N. Highway 89, Chino Valley, AZ 86323
- Bradshaw-Chino Valley District Office – (928) 443-8000 M-F, 8:30 – 4:30; 344 S. Cortez, Prescott, AZ 86301
We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you in advance for your patience as we manage our response to the pandemic and do our best to continue operations while minimizing risk.
Know Before You Go and remember the following tips as you prepare to go out and cut your firewood:
- Check weather conditions and road conditions. This will help avoid resource damage and keep you from getting stuck. Getting stuck is no fun!
- Pick up your free Motor Vehicle Use Maps (MVUM) from any of our two offices
- Make sure you have your MVUM, your fuelwood permit and your tags with you when you go to collect your wood
- Make sure to pack your personal safety supplies – such as water, snacks, dry clothing, warm coats, etc.