In a continued effort to raise awareness about the harms of underage drinking, MATFORCE, an anti-drug organization that raises awareness about substance abuse issues in Yavapai County, has resurrected our Pizza Box Topper Art contest. In honor of reestablishing this popular public awareness campaign, MATFORCE has selected a contest winner from this year’s Youth Poster Contest and a contest winner from past Pizza Box Topper Art contests.
The Pizza Box Topper Art contest is a category under the annual Youth Poster contest that allows the opportunity for youth to create strong messaging against underage drinking. Winning artwork in this category is printed and distributed on the top of pizza boxes at participating local pizza restaurants.
The 2020 Pizza Box Topper Art contest winner is 14-year-old Jaydon Robinson, from Chino Valley. Selected again to use with this year’s campaign, the 2016 Pizza Box Topper Art contest winner was William Schultz from Camp Verde High School in Camp Verde.
Merilee Fowler, Executive Director of MATFORCE, expressed her excitement for the level of participation from our local restaurants. “We are very pleased and grateful that so many pizza restaurants are helping raise awareness about underage drinking. It is a testament to just how important this issue is to our community.”
The following pizza restaurants have agreed to participate in handing out the flyers with the underage drinking message.
- Camp Verde: Crusty’s Pizza, Domino’s Pizza
- Cottonwood: Vinnie’s New York Chef’s Pizzeria, ACME Pizzaria, Strombolli’s Restaurant & Pizzeria
- Dewey and Chino Valley: Guido’s Pizza, Pizza Hut
- Prescott: Peter Piper Pizza, Pizza Hut, Papa John’s Pizza, Domino’s Pizza, Two Mamas’ Gourmet Pizzeria, Streets of New York
- Prescott Valley: Streets of New York, Papa John’s Pizza, Pizza Hut, The Pizza Place, Domino’s Pizza, Papa Murphy’s, Guido’s Pizza
For more information about the harms of underage drinking or tips on how to start the conversation with your kids visit matforce.org/Parents-Educators