Due to the lack of rain the Prescott Fire Department and Central Arizona Fire and Medical Authority will be enacting our Stage I Fire Restrictions on August 14, 2020 at 8:00 a.m. which will also be consistent with the Prescott National Forest and the unincorporated areas of Yavapai County not protected by fire districts or area fire departments. As the fire danger continues to increase, our Stage II restrictions may also be put back into effect. These restrictions will stay in effect until we receive significant rain throughout the area to justify lifting the restrictions. Please visit our websites at www.cazfire.org or http://www.prescott-az.gov/services/fire/ for further information.
Where: The 42 square miles of the City of Prescott and the 365 square miles of the Central Arizona Fire and Medical Authority (CAFMA) which includes the Towns of Prescott Valley, Dewey-Humboldt, Chino Valley, and Paulden. CAFMA’s jurisdiction also applies to areas surrounding the City of Prescott such as Williamson Valley, upper Copper Basin Road, the Mountain Club area, Ponderosa Park off of White Spar Road, and the Senator Highway area of Karen Drive, Sweet Acres, and Oak Knoll Village along with the areas of Government Canyon and Diamond Valley which are south of Prescott.
Stage I Fire Restrictions:
- NO residential burn permits will be issued.
- Use of model rockets is PROHIBITED.
- Use of fireworks and other pyrotechnic displays are PROHIBITED except by commercial special events permit.
- NO smoking outside of vehicles, outside of residential yards, or outside of designated smoking areas.
- NO outdoor use of firearms.
- Cooking, warming, or camp fires (ash or ember producing) ARE still ALLOWED at single and multi-family residential properties and Town parks (where approved) but MUST BE attended at all times.