Prescott eNews  |   Chino Valley eNews  |    Prescott Valley eNews    |   eNewsAZ |   ArizonaPod.News

Bill's Newscast: Chino Valley Fire Claims Home

27 October 2016  
Chino Valley Fire Department

A Chino Valley home is a total loss after a fire, which started around 5 on Tuesday morning.

Expanding Police Dept Building in Prescott Valley

The Prescott Valley Town Council meets at 5:30 tonight to consider an expansion of the Police Department building. According to Capital Projects Coordinator Kim Moon, the Police Department building is scheduled and budgeted for expansion and some remodeling, with design starting this fiscal year. The previous expansion was completed in 2008. The addition of between 12 and 18 thousand square feet will provide space for new officers. Stroh Architecture of Prescott has submitted the low bid of more than 249 thousand dollars. The design is scheduled to start over the winter, with construction estimates ready to be budgeted next spring. Once funding is confirmed, construction is scheduled to start in summer 2017. The Prescott Valley Town Council meeting will be held in the Library Auditorium on Civic Circle.

Outreach Event for Female Combat Veterans

The Dr. Cameron McKinley Vet Center will be conducting an outreach to women veterans throughout Northern Arizona. Female combat veterans are invited to attend an event at 2 tomorrow afternoon at the Vet Center, located on Stillwater Drive in Prescott. Attendees will help plan services tailored to their needs. Veterans who need assistance with depression, anxiety, military sexual trauma, marital discord and other needs are encouraged to participate in this event. The Dr. Cameron McKinley Vet Center offers a full range of mental health services for all combat veterans and their family members.

Fire Destroys Chino Valley Home

A Chino Valley home is a total loss following a fire. The fire started at around 5 Tuesday morning. Chino Valley Fire Marshal Rick Chase describes what caused of the fire. All residents of the home and a dog got out of the house safely. A female resident of the home woke up early and saw a bright light. That’s when she realized the house was on fire.

Bill Monroe, KQNA News, 1130 AM

Hear Bill Monroe on Northern Arizona's Source for News, Talk and Sports, KQNA 1130 AM, 99.9 FM .

 

Website: www.kqna.com